Accessibility Tools

official chamber logo addresses
Lewis County Blueways logo

Hohenwald FAQs

Category: City of Hohenwald

city seal 150x150 trans

Our "Frequently Asked Questions" page often can help prevent a phone call.  If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us directly, and we'll do our best to help you.  

Visit Us: 118 W Linden Ave, Hohenwald, TN 38462
Call Us: 931-796-2231
Email the Mayor: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


The following forms can be downloaded and filled out at your convenience.  Then bring the completed form to City Hall, along with any required documentation, to complete your application.

Animal Surrender Form

Automated Debit Authorization

Building Permit

Business License Application

Demolition Permit

Easement for Utitlites

Gas Service Contract

Peddlers Permit

Sign Permit

Water Service Contract

Apply at City Hall for the following permits:

Building Permit

Residential Permit – $25 up to $25,000.  $1 per $1,000 after that.

Commercial Permit – $50 up to $50,000.  $5 per $1,000 after that.


Demolition Permit

No fee, but sewer line must be inspected and capped off, gas lines must be killed and meter removed, and water meter turned off.


Sign Permit

No fee for the permit, but must have permit to display signs.


Peddler’s Permit


For peddler’s permit, please allow 24-48 hours for approval from the Police Chief Sam Livingston.   If not approved, fee will be reimbursed.




When is my utility bill due?

The water, gas, sewer and garbage bills are due from the 5th thru 15th of each month.  After the 15th a 10% penalty will be added to your bill if not paid.  All unpaid billsmust be paid by the 25th of the month, and unpaid bills will be on the 26th of the month.

The drive thru window will only be open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM the 5th thru 15th of each month.

If you have any questions about your bill please call City Hall 796-2231.



Fire & Police Contact Information:

Fire Department: 931-796-2241

Police Department: 931-796-3223

For Emergencies: Call 911

Dispatch: 931-796-3616 or 931-796-3640

Lewis County Ambulance Service: 931-796-5566

Remember:  You can always call 911.


Immediately call Hohenwald Gas Department at 931-796-2231 or 911.

Planning Commission meetings are the first Monday of every month at 5 pm at City Hall, unless there is no business to discuss.

Council meetings are the first Tuesday of every month, unless there is no business to discuss.

Board of Zoning Appeals are called when needed.

Industrial Development Board are called when needed.


When does my garbage get picked up?

Regular pickups are Monday through Friday, with Brush pickup on Friday only, with handful load cost $5, half load $10, and full load $15.  Call City Hall 931-796-2231 to arrange.

Amacher Ave Apache DR Beverly Ave Allison Ave
Birch St Arc Circle Borum Ave Alvin Dr
Charlotte Ave Billet St Caruthers St Cedar Cir
Chestnut St Blackwell Dr Church St Cedar St
Downey St Brewer Dr Collins St Chandler St
Harlan St Cindy Ln Darbytown Rd Columbia Ave
Locust St Elm St Forrest Ave Dana Dr
Sisco St Finerty St Hoyt St Emily Dr
South Court St Floyd Ave Kimmins St Epcot Dr
South Oak St Mill Ave Lynnwood Dr Ford St
South Park Ave Emma Dr Marjorie Cv Franklin Ave
South Pine St Piney Rd Matthew Dr Gray Rd
South Walnut St Ray St Smith Ave Happy Hallow
West Pine St Seth St Talley St Hill St
East 1st Ave Swiss Village Cir Thomas Ave Industrial Ave
East 2nd Ave Totty Dr Willis Ave Joe Ave
East 3rd Ave Vine St Walnut Cir Kappler Ln
East 4th Ave Zimmermann St Willmar Ln Leslie Ln
West 1st Ave E Main Right Side North Court ST Lewis St
West 2nd Ave W Main St North Oak St Mercury St
West 3rd Ave  W Linden Ave North Pine St Noah Dr
West 4th Ave  Grover Dr North Walnut St Parkwood Ln
West 5th Ave  Dabbs St West Linden Ave Poplar St
 South Maple St  Sycamore Ave Hinson St Roney Ave
 Cherry St  Spurgeon Ave   Roth Ave
 Oakdale Ave  Buffalo Rd   Short Ave
   Summertown Hwy   Smith Ave
   Tharp St   Swan Ave
   Law Cir   Webb Ave
   Edgewood Dr   Willow St
   Edgefield Dr   Wilma Ave
      E. Main St Left Side




Water, Gas, Sewer and Garbage is available to all customers in the city limits.  Water and Gas are available to most county customers.  Come to City Hall to arrange utility services, 118 W Linden Ave.

Electric service is provided by Meriwether Lewis Electric Cooperative.  Visit their website for more information:



Lewis County Public Library

15 Kyle St.
Hohenwald, TN 38462
Phone: 931-796-5365

Website: Lewis County Tennessee Library

Tuesday & Wednesday:  9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday & Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed Holidays



Inside the city limits, contact the Hohenwald Police Department 931-796-3223.



Lewis County Museum

The third largest animal trophy mount collection in North America is located at the Lewis County Museum of Local and Natural History in downtown Hohenwald.  For more information go to

108 E. Main St.




Lewis County Public Transportation: 931-796-5558 and they can tell you their routes and charges.



Hohenwald Municipal Golf Course
Visit their website
829 Columbia Hwy, Hohenwald, TN 38462
Phone: 931-796-5421




Memorial Park
Facebook Page
115 Smith Ave, Hohenwald, TN 38462
Phone: 931-796-3846 or 931-796-3078






Cookie Policy    •    Privacy Policy    •    Copyright Notice    •    Terms of Use    •    Accessibility Statement    •    Site Map    •    Photography Credits

Copyright © 2020 Hohenwald-Lewis County Chamber of Commerce. All Rights Reserved.
PatVB Web Designs & Graphics